The FDT Group Resources Library serves as a valuable asset for both automation suppliers and end-users. Find the information you need on the subjects important to you. Use the filters to narrow down your search or browse specific categories to discover the right resources for you.
Suzanne Gill, editor from Control Engineering Europe interviews Glenn Schulz, FDT Group Managing Director about the new FDT 3.0 IIoT standard.
June 3, 2020
June 3, 2020
The FDT Group held a member only developer seminar & webinar event focused on educating the member community on the new FITS™ (FDT IIoT Server) architecture and the technology rollout plan. Led by FDT technical experts, this was the first event of its’ kind providing an in-depth scope of FDT technology advancements support digital transformation for IIoT and Industrie 4.0 applications.
Designed to simplify the industrial automation ecosystem exchange, FITS enables mobility, cloud, and fog enterprise applications, as well as sensor-to-cloud and enterprise-wide connectivity. It simplifies the move to IIoT, combining OPC UA integration, web services and rich control network interoperability to optimize connectivity and information exchange for the next generation of automation. It features robust layered security addressing all components of the server architecture.
Enjoy watching the recording at your leisure!
By using intelligent information – the hidden asset, and integrating intelligent device diagnostics into an asset management or automation system, you begin the process of monitoring the “Check Engine” status allowing the opportunity to improve your bottom-line profitability. Using FDT Technology-enabled solutions, including the Frame Applications and device DTMs provided by your device suppliers, you will be able to identify minor problems before they become critical — lowering maintenance and operating costs. FDT Technology is supported and available by most major device and automation systems suppliers. In fact, you might be using FDT Technology today for device configuration and set-up but might not be getting the benefits of this hidden asset.
Take the first step to discover the hidden asset in your own intelligent measurement devices. Speak with your automation suppliers and ask them for their FDT Technology solutions.
FDT Group and OPC Foundation hosted a joint webinar on September 14th, focused on educating industrial automation end-users and manufacturers about efforts to empower a single enterprise integration platform for secure and managed exchange of performance driven-analytics. This is a key topic with the growth of the IIoT and Industrie 4.0.
The webinar highlighted the latest collaborative developments and the role the FDT for OPC UA information model companion specification plays in evolving digital architecture transformation for the new era of automation. Supporting brownfield and greenfield applications, the unified solution empowers the next generation industrial workforce with open, flexible deployment options allowing sensor to cloud, enterprise-wide connectivity.
The webinar explored:
- Development work resulting in a device-to-cloud computing strategy that supports configuration, communication, run-time and historical data access, as well as alarming and event services for existing and upcoming devices supported through FDT technology.
- Introduction of an FDT IIoT Server (FITS™) combining OPC UA integration, web services and rich control network interoperability to optimize connectivity and information exchange, and simplifying the move to IIoT.
- Advancement of FDT’s approach to providing access to meaningful, real-time plant information and asset health data with NAMUR NE107 diagnostics with Device Type Managers (DTMs) available throughout the plant topology via a robust network tunneling capability.
- Adoption of FDT for device integration and OPC UA for the communication layer, respectively, of the German Reference Architecture Model Industrie 4.0 (RAMI 4.0).
- Discovery of application use case scenarios and technology demonstration utilizing FDT for OPC UA and Industrie 4.0 through the RAMI Asset Administration Shell.
Enjoy the webinar recording!